Oxford English Academy General Data and Website Policy
Oxford English Academy processes, uses and stores the data of all our students and agents in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Please 点击这里 for more information on this regulation.
It is very important that you read this policy in full so that you are informed as to how your data is being processed, used and stored. Please feel free to contact our Data Protection Officer at any time, should you have any questions.
What data do we process, use and store from our students and agents?
We gather different kinds of data in different ways and for different reasons. This will depend on your relationship with our company such as someone who enquires about a course, someone who is a student or someone who is an agent, to name a few. Below is a list of some of the data we may collect:
- Your contact details which could include your full name, your physical address, your telephone number (local and from your home country), your birth date and your email address.
- Your photograph or a form of identification that has your photograph on it such as your passport, driving licence etc.
- Information pertaining to your employment history such as would be found on your Curriculum Vitae. This could include current and past work positions, your qualifications and work experience.
- Financial data such as your bank details or credit card details.
Please note that any information of any kind that you give us voluntarily might be given in certain circumstances to third parties. An example of this is giving us information about your personal health that can be used in an emergency.
Why do we process, use and store data from our students and agents?
We do this for a number of reasons:
- We process, use and store your data in order to create a contract with you. You can find out more details from your student contract or your agent contract. These contracts lay out the terms and conditions of your relationship with Oxford English Academy.
- We process, use and store your data to protect our business interests, unless they are overruled by your interest and rights. To determine how your have been overridden, we will consider a number of factors:
- What was told to you when you gave us your data.
- What you expect to be done with your data.
- What type of data it is.
- The impact on you of processing, using and storing your data.
- It is a legal requirement in terms of British, European Union and South African law.
What do we do with data collected from our students and agents?
We process, use and store your data for several reasons:
- We need verification of your identity for legal purposes.
- We need verification of your banking details in order to process and track payments.
- We may need to prevent or investigate financial activities of crime and terrorism.
- We may need to conduct anti-fraud checks through a third party.
- We may need to provide advice and information to you during the process of your relationship with Oxford English Academy.
- We need to prepare documents for you for our services or for outsourced services provided by us to you.
- We may need to refer you to in house and outsourced legal and other service providers, should you require it.
- We may need to investigate and respond to grievances reported about us.
- We analyse your data in order to manage our business and plan for the future successfully.
- We also analyse your date in order to improve our offerings and services.
- We customise our website in order to provide the best user experience.
- We may send you relevant information about our services, special offers and new products.
What do we do with data collected from our students and agents about other people?
In certain instances, it is necessary for us to process, use and store data from you about other people. This could be about your children, your wards, your employees or your colleagues. Such circumstances could be:
- for matters concerning financial contracts.
- when providing healthcare services.
- when providing other professional services.
Please ensure that you are permitted to provide this data and that the person whose data it is, is aware of how their data will be processed, used and stored by Oxford English Academy. And that any data you provide is accurate, recent and complete.
All data given by you about other people will only be used in regard to the relationship you have with Oxford English Academy. Their data will be protected in the same way as your data.
How long will your collected data be stored?
We only keep your data for a long as it is necessary. The duration could depend on a number of factors such as:
- how long it is needed to successfully complete the contract you have with Oxford English Academy.
- how long it is needed to offer additional services to you.
- how long it is needed to form a defence against legal claims that have been made against Oxford English Academy.
- how long it is needed in terms of legal requirements of British, European Union and South African law.
All the data we process, use and store, will be done in accordance with our strict data retention and data deletion policies. Please click here to contact our Data Protection Officer for more information about these policies.
Who might we share your data with?
It might be necessary for us to share your data with other parties. This could include some or all of the following parties:
- external data processing contractors who securely process and store our data. Their services include sales and marketing services, IT and email hosting and gathering, processing and storing data needed to run our institutions. You can contact our Data Protection Officer for more information on these companies.
- other outsourced services such as accountants, lawyers, medical practitioners, host families and social programme providers.
- governmental organisations and departments such as those involved in issuing visas.
- organisations such as those involved in granting our schools accreditation.
How can you control your data and what is processed, stored and used?
Should you no longer wish us to use your data for marketing purposes, you are able to contact our Data Protection Officer 和 Marketing Department. They will destroy any data about you. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to complete this request.
Your collected data will only be stored for as long is needed to complete any contractual, regulatory or legal processes between you and Oxford English Academy.
Under no circumstances will your personal data be sold to another party unless we have your consent or unless it is legally required. Your data will be processed, stored and used in compliance with the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998 and the South Africa Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013.
How is your personal data protected?
We hold your data on secured servers and all measures are taken to ensure the prevention of unlawful access.
How is your data collected when you use the website?
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK and EU national laws and requirements for user privacy.
本网站及其所有者使用提交向您提供有关产品的详细信息，它们的价格/服务或协助您回答您可能提出的任何问题或疑问的任何信息。 这包括使用您的详细信息您订阅的网站运行，但只有当这是摆明了要你和你的明确许可，任何电子邮件通讯程序提交任何形式的电子邮件处理时被授予。 或者，让你的消费者以前从购买或询问不同于电子邮件通讯涉及公司产品或服务的购买。 这绝不是你的用户权限关于接收电子邮件营销材料的整个列表。 您的详细信息不会传递给任何第三方。
How are cookies used on the website?
本网站使用Cookies以更好的用户体验，同时访问该网站。 如果适用本网站使用Cookie控制系统允许在他们的网站第一次访问用户允许或禁止使用自己的计算机或设备上的cookie。 这符合了网站留下或阅读文件之前获得用户的明确同意，最近的立法要求，如用户的计算机或设备上的cookie。
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
当本网站使用推荐计划，赞助商链接或广告等的cookie可以被存储到外部供应商在您的计算机的硬盘驱动器。 这种饼干用于转换和转诊跟踪和后30天到期通常，尽管有些人可能需要更长的时间。 没有个人信息存储，保存或回收。
How can you control or delete cookies?
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Please click the links below to see how you can manage cookies in each browser:
How is your data used in terms of email newsletters?
该网站的工作电子邮件通讯程序，用来告知本网站所提供的产品和服务的用户。 用户可以通过在线自动过程订阅如果他们希望这样做，但他们自行决定这样做。 一些订阅可能通过与用户的事先书面同意，可手动处理。
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies or people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email our Data Protection Officer.
通过本网站或它的拥有者发布的电子邮件营销活动可能包含实际的电子邮件中跟踪设施。 用户活动被跟踪，并存储在供将来分析和评价的数据库。 这种跟踪的活动可能包括： 电子邮件的开放，电子邮件转发，的电子邮件内容中的链接，时间，日期和活动频率的点击。 请注意，这不是活动的完整列表。 这些信息被用来改进今后的电子邮件活动，并围绕他们的活动了解更多相关内容提供给用户。
In compliance with UK and South African Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, subscribers are given the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated unsubscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to unsubscribe will by detailed instead.
How is your data used in terms of external links?
How is your data used in terms of social media platforms?
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate and engage upon them with due care and caution regarding their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
How is your data used in terms of shortened links on social media platforms?
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy URLs or web addresses, and this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo.
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened URLs published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URLs are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Who can you contact about how your data is collected, processed, stored and used?
If you have any questions about your data and your privacy rights, then please contact our Data Protection Officer, Sakeena Felix. You can also contact them should you want a copy of the information held about you and about full or partial deletion of this information.
Email address: email@example.com
Physical address for Oxford: Suite G, Kidlington Centre, Kidlington High Street, Oxfordshire, OX5 2DL, The United Kingdom
Physical address for Cape Town: 1st Floor, 105 Long Street, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa