As I mentioned in my previous post, Oxford English Academy endeavors to stay up to date with technology, in order to meet the needs of our technologically advanced students and agents. It is also important for us to be able to connect with people in all the corners of the world. For this reason, we rely heavily on social media and Facebook.
Every one of our schools makes use of a Facebook fan page. Our Facebook pages are useful for a number of reasons:
1. Students and agents can contact the school by sending realtime messages. Messages are answered as quickly as possible and students an even receive a quote or pricelist in this way.
2. Students and agents can find our contact details such as a map, a telephone number, an email address and of course our website.
3. Students and agents can see what student life is like at an Oxford English Academy school. We often post photos and videos of the social programme, of the school and of student graduation.
4. Students and agents can see genuine, unrehearsed student testimonial videos and photos. We know how important it is when choosing a new school to see what opinions current and past students have about their experiences.
5. We also post our blog posts 5 days a week. This is an opportunity for students to practise their English reading skills and to learn new vocabulary. In addition, as mentioned in my previous post, they can get advice about learning English and about studying at our different schools.
6. Lastly, our Facebook pages give the families and friends of students the opportunity to see what they are doing because we make it a point to ‘friend’ and ‘tag’ all our students.
With almost a billion people on Facebook, we know how important it is to have a presence. It is another way for us to connect and engage with the world, online. Please visit our Oxford page and our Cape Town page to get a glimpse into the wonderful world of Oxford English Academy. Let’s connect!