As we near the end of the year, it is always a good idea to look back to note successes and failures. For Oxford English Academy 2016 was a positive year and below are the most notable events and occurrences:
- In the first half of the year, Oxford English Academy Cape Town relocated their second campus to 57 Strand Street. The new site has proved to be very popular with students as it’s well-located, light and spacious.
- Oxford English Academy Oxford passed the ASIC accreditation inspection with flying colours. The school has since then been awarded premier status based on student satisfaction and the syllabus and course reviews.
- Our school in Cape Town was lucky enough to welcome 6 groups of young learners from Reunion Island. The groups were all between 20 and 30 students, who took part in English classes in the morning and activities in the afternoon.
- Oxford English Academy Vietnam visited our school in Oxford and will be sending groups of students in 2017. The visit cemented the relationship between the two schools and increased cooperation between schools in the franchise.
- The visa restrictions that have been hampering English schools in South Africa from getting students from many different countries, have finally been rescinded. This means that English schools will once again be permitted to offer visas to students who want to learn English. Oxford English Academy Cape Town is looking forward to a bumper year in 2017.
- Oxford English Academy Oxford has been in existence for just over a year and with our vigorous marketing efforts and with our fantastic school director Nick King at the helm, the schools has flourished. Next year the school will be welcoming groups from Reunion Island, the Ukraine, Vietnam and Spain, to name a few.
At Oxford English Academy we are so grateful to our teachers, staff, students, hosts and agents who have made 2016 such a fantastic year for us. Here’s to an even better 2017!