TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please note that the following applies to all students and no exceptions will be made. Upon acceptance of the quote, or payment in any form, including a deposit, to Oxford English Academy, for tuition or accommodation, including all miscellaneous fees, course books, airport transfers, etc. then the student/payee automatically agrees to accept the Oxford English Academy Refund Policy as stated herein:
- If a course is cancelled more than 2 weeks prior to the starting date, after deposits have been paid, there is an administration charge of £ 50 in Oxford and US$ 65 in Cape Town.
- If a course is cancelled after the course has begun, or as stated on the quote accepted by the student/payee, regardless of whether or not the student is/was present, there is no refund.
- In an emergency situation the Oxford English Academy may request proof thereof and consider a full or partial refund. It remains at the discretion of Oxford English Academy whether to:
- Accept or dismiss the proof provided
- Demand alternative proof if it is believed that proof is insufficient or lacking
- Refund the full amount
- Refund a partial amount only
- Give no refund at all
- If the course booked for the student is/was longer than 4 weeks from start date to end date, a tuition credit will be given for the unused part of the course after the first 4 weeks.
- This tuition credit must be used within one year of the date of issue and is non-transferable.
- There is no refund or tuition credit for a cancelled course at any stage during the first 4 weeks of the course.
- If a course is cancelled more than 2 weeks before the starting date, after deposits have been paid, and accommodation has been arranged, there is an administration charge of £ 50 in Oxford and US$ 65 in Cape Town. The remainder of fees deposited will be refunded.
- If accommodation is cancelled after the student has arrived one week’s notice must be given, or one month’s accommodation must be paid. The remainder of the accommodation fees will be refunded.
- If a student asks to change accommodation, Oxford English Academy reserves the right to charge an additional accommodation finding fee of £ 30 in Oxford and US$ 65 in Cape Town per accommodation change.
Missed Classes and Bank Holidays
- No refunds will be given for individual classes and days missed for any reason.
- Should a student wish to take a holiday, they must fill in a holiday form with the school. The length of the holiday may be restricted due to visa regulations.
- Schools will be closed on bank holidays and public holidays and classes will not be made up.
- Should a student wish to change a private lesson, they must do so at least 24 hours before their lesson is scheduled. Should they cancel on the day of the lesson, they will not be able to reschedule the lesson or to receive a refund for that lesson.
If a student is unable to get a visa and they can provide written evidence of this from the relevant embassy or consulate, there will be an administrative charge of £ 50 in Oxford and US$ 65 in Cape Town, but all other fees paid will be refunded.
Request for refunds not lodged within 90 days of payment will be defrayed or forfeited.